Thursday, May 08, 2008

song of the day (no, actually of yesterday and of the day before, but hey, my blog, my rules)

song of yesterday:

José González - Storm

(as the sky started lying down on the lands, covering itself in earthen rust-gold colors, going all Steinbeck on me, this is what started playing, and it attached itself to nothing, as there were no clouds to grab on to, and by attaching itself to nothing, it attached itself to everything. no, there was no storm. but i did touch some grass, just because i wanted to. and it was great.)

(by the way, there's a tiny fly sitting on my laptop, looking at the screen. i hope it understands english.) (hello tiny fly!) (god, i'm an idiot.) (and proud of it!)

(the fly is now walking toward my left hand. makes typing difficult, because i don't want to crush it. not that you'd notice.)


song of day before yesterday: (now she/he/it is on my scrollpad. woops, it jumped on my spacebar. i guess it likes the trampoline-effect of me typing.) (yes, i am wasting your time -- were you expecting anything else?)

Underworld - 8 Ball

(actually, the sentence "today, i saw a man using an empty whiskey flask as a walkie-talkie" at first seems to be Karl Hyde's standard gibberishy-jabberwocky, but i actually find it quite... endearing. there seems to be something sad in it, even though Hyde sings it without negative emotions -- a sadness ascribed to that man who is not all there, a man who is child-like in his twisted imagination. an empty whiskey flask - he probably emptied it himself, or he found it on the street and liked its shape, making him even more innocent - and now sees it as a means for communication, while it is that very act of using the flask as a walkie-talkie that cuts him off from the rest of this world. and who might he be trying to reach? someone like him? his mother? a pair of arms that might welcome him? an ear that would understand him, a mouth that would tell him that everything is going to be okay? sad, sad, sad. or maybe it's just me. but isn't everything me -- for me?) (i also like the intense subtility of this song, by the way)

(the fly is now crawling at the edge of my screen. i guess she likes it here. either that or she's a spy from Microsoft studying every Macbook out there.) (no, that was not a funny joke.)

(yes, i've decided that the fly is a she. why? because i can thus make it seem i'm attracting da ladiezzz. hurray!)



...this post makes no sense, does it? oh well.

(for your information, i can't find the fly any more.) (oh wait, she's sitting on my pants.) (bye, fly)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You attract more flies with honey than with vinegar". Nonsense!

It should be: "You attract more flies with Peter than with vinegar"

I'm glad you didn't crush her, she may proof to be the reincarnation of someone important. Like mother Theresa or Audrey Hepburn...

Byebye, fly-man.

PS: José González - Heartbeats (L)

P said...

mother theresa crawling on my pants... somehow i find that idea very, very wrong...

heartbeats is an excellent song as well. made me cry at a funeral. you might know which one.


x
Vinegar


ps: i never crush flies. or any other kind of insect. or puppies.

Anonymous said...

She's just trying to convert you to her christian doctrine. And while she buzzes you can hear her think: "Convert or burn in hell, you damn heathen buddhist!!"

Despite this, I never crush insect either. Except when there is a gigantic 3 foot tall spider in my room. Then i just don't care how I get rid of it.

x
Kristel, trying to be zen and not squash big spiders.


PS: It's amazing what songs can do to your state of mind.
"How to save a life" and "Wish you were here", have the same effect on me. Like those songs were written especially for him.
You know, I still dream of him at least once a week. Sometimes my tears wake me up, and sometimes I wake up feeling reassured that he's gone on to do greater things.

x